Welcome to St. George’s
Normal Sunday Services:
- Our main service: Eucharist at 9:30am – Everyone is Welcome!
- We are working to try and restart our Sunday School soon. If you want to be kept up to date with developments, let us know…
Quote of the Week:
- Boast in Jesus
‘For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.’(1 Corinthians 1:18)
- Joint Churches Prayer MeetingJoin us as we gather people from both churches together, to hear about our visions and plans for the year ahead and pray for God’s help and guidance to do his work.
- Digital skills for a digital worldWant to brush up on your digital skills? There is a course being run out of St George’s church hall. Check out the flyer above to find out more.
- Women’s RetreatWe are planning a women’s retreat on Saturday 11th March at the Living Well centre in Nonnington. A time to be still and know that God is God. There will be worship, teaching, sharing together, lunch, opportunities for individual prayer, time for rest and relaxation, to be still.
- Burns NightSave the date for this social for St. Luke’s and St. George’s on the evening of 25th January.
All welcome at any of these weekly gatherings:
- Monday, 9:30-10:00am – St. Luke’s Church
- Tuesday 9:30-10:00am – St. George’s Church
- Thursday 9:30-10:00am – St. Luke’s Church
- *Saturday 9:30-10:00am – St. George’s Church
*First Saturday of month: Prayer Breakfast at another Ramsgate Church: 9:00-10:00am. See notices below.
- United in Christ (1 Corinthians 1:10-18)The church in Corinth was split with divisions over which leaders people claimed to follow. What were the underlying causes and how does the cross of Christ deeply challenge those issues?
- What is Church? ( 1 Corinthians 1:1-9)What is the Church? In writing to the Church in Corinth, Paul wants them to have a clearer understanding of what the church is in order to correct the problems that the church there is facing.
- What is he like !?! (Matthew 3:13-17)What is Jesus like? How does he stand out from the crowd? Jesus’s baptism comes at the start of his ministry, but it also shows us who Jesus really is.
We are developing a vision to develop the St. George’s buildings so that they can better serve the town of Ramsgate in the years to come. We hope to achieve this by the church’s 200th anniversary in 2027. Read More…
St. George’s is working in partnership with St. Luke’s church in Ramsgate. Check out their website for information of what is going on there.
Online Church Administration
At St. George’s, we use iKnow to help with our administration. When you register for St. George’s, you can give us your contact details and permissions along with those for your children. You will then be sent an iKnow login, which you can use to update any of your data or change your permissions. When you join a volunteer team iKnow will also show you the rotas you are on and send you reminder emails.