We are a safeguarding Church. The Parochial Church Council of St. George, the Martyr, Ramsgate has adopted the safeguarding policies and procedures of the Church of England. We are committed to…
- safeguarding all children, young people and vulnerable adults
- carefully selecting and training staff and volunteers, using the Disclosure and Barring Service amongst other tools, to check their suitability
- responding without delay to every complaint made which suggests that an adult, child or young person may have been harmed or is at risk
- cooperating fully with the police, local authority and any other appropriate statutory body in any investigation
- ministering appropriately to anyone who has experienced abuse
- extending pastoral care to offenders, whilst ensuring that children and vulnerable adults are protected from harm
We have appointed Virginia Lowis (07771 804123). If you have any concerns please speak to Virginia or the Priest in Charge, Paul Worledge (01843 592562).
Alternatively, you can contact the Diocesan Safeguarding officers.
Another option is to contact Family Lives helpline for parents / carers: 0808 800 2222.